Need to learn more about our services or terminology? You have come to the right place! Below is some informative information on why People’s Choice is the right choice for the job!
What is an inspector inspecting for?
Home Inspectors are inspecting for major mechanical and structural concerns. This includes Roofs, Heating, A/C, Electrical, Plumbing, and Structural.
How do I choose a good inspector?
Do your homework, start with their website. This can save you some time, however depending upon who created the website it may not be an accurate reflection of the company. Contact the companies you might be interested in. Ask these questions if not disclosed on their webpage; How long have you been in business, Do you carry E&O insurance (this is a professional insurance they should carry in case your inspector misses something major. this protects you)? Do you provide a written report with pictures of your findings? Do you have a rating system that rates the components such as Acceptable, Fair, Defective? This is important because it provides a strong report. Ambiguous terminology makes it difficult for negotiating your point with ratings such as: appears serviceable, good, or recommends further evaluation.
Is a Home inspection also a warranty on items inspected?
No. An inspection is a visual evaluation of the accessible components of the home at the time of the inspection only. It is not a warranty/guarantee. A warranty can be purchased through your realtor.
Can I attend my inspection?
It is recommended that the client show up toward the end of the inspection, this allows the inspector to concentrate on his work. Once the clients show up the inspector will go over his findings in detail.
How long does an inspection take?
In inspection time is based on the square footage of the home. For example, a home up to 2500 square feet should take about 2-2 1/2 hours.
How much does an inspection cost?
Average cost starts around $350 + fees based on square footage
What to expect
- We will work with you to choose a date and time that fits within your contract.
- We will contact the listing agent, selling agent, and/or homeowner (For sale by owner) to confirm the date and time.
- Once the date and times are confirmed with all parties an email will be sent to you and your realtor.
- On the day of inspection, you are welcome to arrive 30 min after your scheduled start time. This will give the inspector time to familiarize himself with the home. Once you arrive he can address any questions that you may have.
- Your full, detailed report will be emailed to you the following business day.